Monday, February 24, 2014

Hit or Miss? : Maybelline Baby Skin

All the rage right now is "poreless" skin. There are some great make up counter versions that can get quite expensive!
But, for the diva who likes to budget Maybelline came to the rescue!
Maybelline released Baby Skin which is a play on the Baby Lips phenom!
I picked up my "Baby Skin" a month ago at CVS on Bogo 50% on all Maybelline cosmetics! I picked up the last two on the small out post.
The cost of one tube of Baby Skin is $6.99 at the local CVS. 

The texture of the Baby Skin is sort of like a smooth jelly. I had no problem smoothing it onto my skin. It didn't leave a film or white cast like some pore fillers do. My skin really felt soft! 




Before using the Baby Skin I started with a clean, moisturized, & primed face. After letting my primer settle I applied the Baby Skin to my cheek area. Which is mainly where I have large pores.
However, it didn't instantly blur the look of my pores. I went ahead & put on my foundation... 
I was not impressed! 
I could still see my big fat pores!!! 
I continued to use Baby Skin over the period of 1 month & I still am not impressed!

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing this product! It was a total MISS for me! I will be using up these two tubes, because I paid my coins for them! 

Have you tried this product? Was it a Hit or a Miss for you? 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! I'm gonna save my $$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aftan Vargas (aka Givehersheyakiss on IG)March 11, 2014 at 10:31 PM

    Girl, if you still have your receipt, you can return those back to CVS! They will always honor returns with proof of purchase, even for used products.

    ReplyDelete