Saturday, January 11, 2014

Beauty Tips For The Soul: Brows

Good morning! The subject has been weighing heavy on my heart... We see it everyday! If I do say so myself, it's the devil! It's the devil that provokes these women to have BOGUS BROWS!!! But, I'm here to help! First let's talk about tools!
A good brow day depends on the tools that you have & how you take care of your brows!
For starters, go get your brows waxed, threaded, or razor arched! Whichever one you feel comfortable with!
Secondly, take a moment to learn the shape of your face. Yes, the shape of your face makes all the difference! It determines weather or not you have "McDonald's Arches", "Nike Checks", or "Perfect Brows".
There are 6 different face shapes...
Round, heart, square, long, diamond, & oval! (I placed some charts below so that you can take a look at the different shapes) Grab a mirror & really look at your face! Which shape are you? Once you figure it out you're half way there to the "perfect brow"! 
Now you need tools! 
The first tool that you'll need is a BROW PENCIL.
 I prefer pencil because it gives you more control & looks more natural. I have 3 favorite pencils! NYX Auto Brow Pencil in DARK BROWN ($5 Ulta), Maybelline Define A Brow in MEDIUM BROWN ($8 Walgreens), & M.A.C Auto Brow Pencil in SPIKED ($16 M.A.C Cosmetics).  All of these pencil work well & last through the day! Pick a pencil that suits you & make sure that it iisn't BLACK! 
You will also need to grab a brow powder. Brow powder helps to "set" the brows in place. My two favorite are the NYX Cake Powder Brow Set in Dark Brown ($6 Ulta) & the Ardell Defining Brow Palette in DARK ($11 Sally's Beauty Supply).
You will need a spoolie & angled brush duo! I got mine from Walmart, but I'm sure you can find them at any drugstore. The spoolie end will be used to comb your brows into place & to blend the brow color in. The angled end will be used to set your brows with brow powder. 
This part is optional, but I love it! It's what I like to call the "SNATCHED" method. You will need to grab a concealer that is your complexion or 1 shade lighter than your complexion! Using concealer helps to give your brows that "crisp just got them waxed" illusion! I like to use L.A.Girl's HD Pro Conceal in FAWN ($3 Beauty Supply Store) or M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer in NW35 ($18 M.A.C Cosmetics). If you use the "SNATCHED" method you will need to grab a small concealer brush & a blending brush. I like the ESSENCE OF BEAUTY duo pack concealer brushes that can be found at CVS for $6. And, hands down the best blending brush I've ever used on my brows is the M.A.C 217 brush ( $24 M.A.C Cosmetics). I know it's pricey, but this brush is worth every penny! It's one of the best blending brushes on the market & is very multifunctional! 
And last but not least, you will need some DUAL-ENDED APPLICATORS $4). I usually pick mine up from Walgreen's over by the Studio 35  makeup tools wall. These applicators help to make sure that your brows are properly aligned with your nose & outer v of your eye. There is nothing worse than brows that give that "unibrow" love or that are too long! Well, there is one thing... other "SHARPIE FACE" brows! No one likes a "SHARPIE FACE"! 
All jokes aside, once you have the right tools doing your brows will become easier & your struggle will be over! 
Don't forget that practice makes perfect! Everyday isn't going to be a "Good Brow Day", but at least you won't get caught out there looking jacked! 
Hopefully, this post was helpful!
To see how I do my brows head over to YOUTUBE.
Link to my brow tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4mTOhmdBE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7657yIiv9OYqHWESCyteXA

Have a BROWTASTIC Day! -xoxo Tati



7 comments:

  1. Hey Boo! As usual right on point. Loving the Blog. It's Hadiyah aka HOTDIYAH on IG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey boo! Thanks for checking the blog out!

      Delete
    2. My question is...I have very fine brows so thin it looks like they were professionally arched, not huge on makeup but want a little fullness without looking abnormal...what is your suggestion

      Delete
    3. Fill them in using light strokes. Doing this will define your brows & add dimension to your face.

      Delete
  2. Well said. I love how you're keeping it real. Some of these MUA are losing it these days and some can't even blend properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practice makes perfect! I'd been missing around with my brows for like a good 6 months before I found what worked for me. Now, I can't leave the house without doing my brows even if I'm not wearing any other makeup. My brow hairs are thin, and light, so filling them in to suit my face shape makes me look healthier, and more alive ��

    ReplyDelete